The first online tournament permitting the use of Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y will begin in mid-February, The Pokemon Company announced.
The Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Beta Competition will utilize the Pokemon Global Link feature to connect battling trainers and allow the use of Pokemon from Kalos region — featured in the latest two Pokemon games — in combat. The tournament will begin on Thurday, Feb. 20 at 7 p.m. ET (midnight Feb. 21 UTC) and is open to Pokemon trainers worldwide.
Players who have registered their copies of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y to their Pokemon Global Link accounts already qualify to participate in the Beta Competition, while others have secured spots in the tournament by earning high rankings in online Global Showdown events. Those who still have not registered must do so through Pokemon Global Link by Jan. 31.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Sony closing down PlayStation Home in Japan and Asia