Correction: Turns out this was a mistake on Respawn's part, according to a spokesperson. In an updated tweet, and a follow up with Polygon, a Respawn spokesperson said they meant it would support the Xbox 360 controller, not the Xbox One controller. The original story is below.
Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment's upcoming multiplayer shooter, will support the Xbox One controller on PC, according to a tweet today from Respawn's official Twitter account.
The tweet did not offer any other details, including when game would be compatible with the controller.
Titanfall will be released on Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC March 11, and the Xbox 360 controller has long been compatible with Windows. However, as of this writing, the Xbox One wireless controller is not natively compatible with Windows, as confirmed by an entry on the official Xbox Support site. However, a representative for Microsoft said last August that it's hoping to add that functionality to the controller in 2014. In the meantime, unofficial homebrew software has brought some functionality to Windows.
Earlier this month, Respawn announced a limited edition Titanfall-branded Xbox One controller based on an in-game weapon.
We've reached out to Electronic Arts, Microsoft and Respawn for further details on Xbox One controller compatibility and will update this story with more information as we receive it.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders