Correction: Turns out this was a mistake on Respawn's part, according to a spokesperson. In an updated tweet, and a follow up with Polygon, a Respawn spokesperson said they meant it would support the Xbox 360 controller, not the Xbox One controller. The original story is below.
Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment's upcoming multiplayer shooter, will support the Xbox One controller on PC, according to a tweet today from Respawn's official Twitter account.
The tweet did not offer any other details, including when game would be compatible with the controller.
Titanfall will be released on Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC March 11, and the Xbox 360 controller has long been compatible with Windows. However, as of this writing, the Xbox One wireless controller is not natively compatible with Windows, as confirmed by an entry on the official Xbox Support site. However, a representative for Microsoft said last August that it's hoping to add that functionality to the controller in 2014. In the meantime, unofficial homebrew software has brought some functionality to Windows.
Earlier this month, Respawn announced a limited edition Titanfall-branded Xbox One controller based on an in-game weapon.
We've reached out to Electronic Arts, Microsoft and Respawn for further details on Xbox One controller compatibility and will update this story with more information as we receive it.
- The amazing real-world Assassin's Creed Unity parkour run and how it was created
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
- Titanfall getting in-game currency in update 5, coming July 31 with Frontier's Edge map pack
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23