Saying Nintendo has overcome certain technical hurdles, president Satoru Iwata announced that the company now plans to bring Nintendo DS titles to the Wii U GamePad through its Virtual Console service.
While Iwata didn't announce which Nintendo DS titles would be supported on Wii U nor when we should expect them, he acknowledged that the rich software lineup of the DS could benefit the system's Virtual Console lineup. In a presentation slide, Nintendo illustrated how the popular DS game Brain Age might appear on the GamePad's screen.
"We are now sure that we can solve the technical problem of displaying Virtual Console software from Nintendo DS on the GamePad," he said during the management meeting. "The dual-screen Nintendo DS, one of which is a touch screen, has a very strong software lineup, and so we plan to add the Virtual Console titles from Nintendo DS software to the future Virtual Console lineup for Wii U."
Iwata said Nintendo plans to double-down on the Wii U GamePad, and will work to prioritize the controller and make software that takes advantage of its specific hardware features.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too