Test Season 2 for Blizzard Entertainment's free-to-play Warcraft card game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, will be delayed until further notice due to issues found during a recent closed beta maintenance.
According to the Battle.net post by community manager Christina Sims, the duration of Test Season 1 will be extended until a clean transition is ensured. Player ranks will not be affected when servers come back online from maintenance.
Currently in closed beta phase, the game was originally slated to enter open beta last month, but was pushed back to a 2014 roll out "to make sure it's ready for wider testing." At the time, production director Jason Chayes wrote that the "highest priority is that Hearthstone has an awesome launch when all gates are lifted and everyone can download it and play at the same time."
Set for an initial launch on Windows PC and Mac, the collectible trading card game will also see a release on iPhone and Android devices in the second half of this year.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward