Test Season 2 for Blizzard Entertainment's free-to-play Warcraft card game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, will be delayed until further notice due to issues found during a recent closed beta maintenance.
According to the Battle.net post by community manager Christina Sims, the duration of Test Season 1 will be extended until a clean transition is ensured. Player ranks will not be affected when servers come back online from maintenance.
Currently in closed beta phase, the game was originally slated to enter open beta last month, but was pushed back to a 2014 roll out "to make sure it's ready for wider testing." At the time, production director Jason Chayes wrote that the "highest priority is that Hearthstone has an awesome launch when all gates are lifted and everyone can download it and play at the same time."
Set for an initial launch on Windows PC and Mac, the collectible trading card game will also see a release on iPhone and Android devices in the second half of this year.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC