Test Season 2 for Blizzard Entertainment's free-to-play Warcraft card game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, will be delayed until further notice due to issues found during a recent closed beta maintenance.
According to the Battle.net post by community manager Christina Sims, the duration of Test Season 1 will be extended until a clean transition is ensured. Player ranks will not be affected when servers come back online from maintenance.
Currently in closed beta phase, the game was originally slated to enter open beta last month, but was pushed back to a 2014 roll out "to make sure it's ready for wider testing." At the time, production director Jason Chayes wrote that the "highest priority is that Hearthstone has an awesome launch when all gates are lifted and everyone can download it and play at the same time."
Set for an initial launch on Windows PC and Mac, the collectible trading card game will also see a release on iPhone and Android devices in the second half of this year.
- Toys for Bob and the story behind Skylanders
- Your first look at Prodigy's two new monstrous creatures
- Bungie fires Halo composer Martin O'Donnell (update)
- Wildstar PvP will throw you into a 40 vs. 40 battle royale
- Starbound studio is helping to bring metroidvania RPG Heart Forth, Alicia to new platforms
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?