Test Season 2 for Blizzard Entertainment's free-to-play Warcraft card game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, will be delayed until further notice due to issues found during a recent closed beta maintenance.
According to the Battle.net post by community manager Christina Sims, the duration of Test Season 1 will be extended until a clean transition is ensured. Player ranks will not be affected when servers come back online from maintenance.
Currently in closed beta phase, the game was originally slated to enter open beta last month, but was pushed back to a 2014 roll out "to make sure it's ready for wider testing." At the time, production director Jason Chayes wrote that the "highest priority is that Hearthstone has an awesome launch when all gates are lifted and everyone can download it and play at the same time."
Set for an initial launch on Windows PC and Mac, the collectible trading card game will also see a release on iPhone and Android devices in the second half of this year.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Game development
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Getting a PS4
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- When Gameplay coincides with the story