Plastic Piranha's Rekoil will be released Jan. 28 on Windows PC via Steam, and it will be available Jan. 29 on the Xbox Games Store as Rekoil: Liberator (screenshot above), publisher 505 Games confirmed to Polygon today.
Rekoil was originally in development on PC before 505 Games announced an XBLA version last July and said that it would be publishing both versions of the game. According to 505 Games, Rekoil and Rekoil: Liberator will each cost $14.99, although Steam pre-order customers get a 30 percent discount to $10.49.
Both Rekoil and Rekoil: Liberator will offer class-based first-person shooting with 40 weapons across seven modes on 10 maps. A 505 Games rep told Polygon that the XBLA version "is different in that it does not support mod tools and/or eSports the way the PC version does."
For more on Rekoil, check out our interview with Plastic Piranha from PAX Prime 2012.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?