At a London press conference today, Sony announced plans to release a slim version of PlayStation Vita to the U.K. on Feb. 7, for a suggested retail price of £180.
The PS Vita PCH-2000 series features a re-designed system that is 20 percent slimmer and 15 percent lighter than current models. Likewise, the new release will replace existing PS Vita PCH-1000 models with older models set to run their course before being removed from retail.
The slimmer model also includes a high-definition five-inch LCD screen, allows for up to six hours of gameplay and replaces the earlier proprietary charging cable with a micro USB cable.
Sony released this same system in Japan in October of last year.
The newly announced PS Vita is available to pre-order starting today. Sony made no official announcements regarding a North American release, telling Polygon that each region will deal with the PS Vita individually.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake