At a London press conference today, Sony announced plans to release a slim version of PlayStation Vita to the U.K. on Feb. 7, for a suggested retail price of £180.
The PS Vita PCH-2000 series features a re-designed system that is 20 percent slimmer and 15 percent lighter than current models. Likewise, the new release will replace existing PS Vita PCH-1000 models with older models set to run their course before being removed from retail.
The slimmer model also includes a high-definition five-inch LCD screen, allows for up to six hours of gameplay and replaces the earlier proprietary charging cable with a micro USB cable.
Sony released this same system in Japan in October of last year.
The newly announced PS Vita is available to pre-order starting today. Sony made no official announcements regarding a North American release, telling Polygon that each region will deal with the PS Vita individually.
- Female representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9