Pokémon, the anime series based on Game Freak's phenomenally popular video game franchise of the same name, is now available to watch on Hulu in the U.S., The Pokémon Co. International and Hulu announced today.
A few pieces of Pokémon content can be streamed for free on Hulu Kids: the four-part Pokémon Origins animated special (image above), and five episodes from season 10 of the television series (the first season of the Pokémon Diamond/Pokémon Pearl story arc). The lion's share of the Pokémon media is restricted to Hulu Plus subscribers.
The arrangement between The Pokémon Co. International and Hulu covers the animated series, special episodes and full-length films. Hulu Plus subscribers now have access to season 10 in its entirety and the feature-length movie Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai.
More is coming soon to Hulu Plus: the rest of the Diamond and Pearl arc (seasons 11-13), three more films (Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior, Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and Pokémon: Zoroark - Master of Illusions) and the first two episodes of Pokémon the Series: XY, which is based on Pokémon X/Pokémon Y.
You can check out Pokémon on Hulu here. A subscription to Hulu Plus costs $7.99 per month.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- On Patreon support
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)