Pokémon, the anime series based on Game Freak's phenomenally popular video game franchise of the same name, is now available to watch on Hulu in the U.S., The Pokémon Co. International and Hulu announced today.
A few pieces of Pokémon content can be streamed for free on Hulu Kids: the four-part Pokémon Origins animated special (image above), and five episodes from season 10 of the television series (the first season of the Pokémon Diamond/Pokémon Pearl story arc). The lion's share of the Pokémon media is restricted to Hulu Plus subscribers.
The arrangement between The Pokémon Co. International and Hulu covers the animated series, special episodes and full-length films. Hulu Plus subscribers now have access to season 10 in its entirety and the feature-length movie Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai.
More is coming soon to Hulu Plus: the rest of the Diamond and Pearl arc (seasons 11-13), three more films (Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior, Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and Pokémon: Zoroark - Master of Illusions) and the first two episodes of Pokémon the Series: XY, which is based on Pokémon X/Pokémon Y.
You can check out Pokémon on Hulu here. A subscription to Hulu Plus costs $7.99 per month.
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Investors put up millions for a virtual reality treadmill and now it could come to consoles
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)