Pokémon, the anime series based on Game Freak's phenomenally popular video game franchise of the same name, is now available to watch on Hulu in the U.S., The Pokémon Co. International and Hulu announced today.
A few pieces of Pokémon content can be streamed for free on Hulu Kids: the four-part Pokémon Origins animated special (image above), and five episodes from season 10 of the television series (the first season of the Pokémon Diamond/Pokémon Pearl story arc). The lion's share of the Pokémon media is restricted to Hulu Plus subscribers.
The arrangement between The Pokémon Co. International and Hulu covers the animated series, special episodes and full-length films. Hulu Plus subscribers now have access to season 10 in its entirety and the feature-length movie Pokémon: The Rise of Darkrai.
More is coming soon to Hulu Plus: the rest of the Diamond and Pearl arc (seasons 11-13), three more films (Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior, Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and Pokémon: Zoroark - Master of Illusions) and the first two episodes of Pokémon the Series: XY, which is based on Pokémon X/Pokémon Y.
You can check out Pokémon on Hulu here. A subscription to Hulu Plus costs $7.99 per month.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Why Shadowgate's developers want you dead
- Strike Suit Zero, Dishonored and more available free on Xbox Live Gold in August
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta