Pokemon Lucario joins the roster of playable characters in Nintendo's next Super Smash Bros. release for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
Lucario is the bipedal, dog-like Pokemon capable of reading energy to predict the movement of his opponent, and manipulate energy in the form of explosive spheres.
Lucario joins the collection of characters previously revealed by Nintendo, including Fire Emblem hero Marth, brothers Mario and Luigi, Princess Zelda and Link. Newcomers to the series include Super Mario Galaxy's Princess Rosalina and her sidekick Luma, the Wii Fit Trainer, an Animal Crossing Villager and Mega Man.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?