Dead Island and Toy Soldiers: Cold War are the two Xbox 360 games that will be available free to Xbox Live Gold subscribers in February under Microsoft's Games with Gold program, the company announced today.
Techland's open-world zombie game (screenshot above) was originally released in September 2011 on PlayStation 3, Windows PC and Xbox 360; a smaller follow-up, Dead Island: Riptide, came out last April. Dead Island (regularly $19.99 on Xbox 360 Games on Demand) will be free from Feb. 1-15.
Toy Soldiers: Cold War is Signal Studios' 2011 sequel to its Xbox Live Arcade hit from 2010, Toy Soldiers. Both are action strategy titles; Cold War takes place in the 1980s and pits the U.S. and the former Soviet Union against each other. Cold War (reg. $14.99) will be free from Feb. 16-28.
Microsoft announced Games with Gold at E3 2013, and it was originally slated to run through the end of the year. The company later turned the program into an "ongoing benefit" for Gold subscribers on Xbox 360, and said that Games with Gold will eventually come to Xbox One as well.
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)