Zachary Quinto, best known for portraying Spock in the Star Trek reboots and Sylar in the television series Heroes, will star in Fox International's sequel to the Hitman movie, Agent 47, Deadline reported today.
Agent 47 is a follow-up to the 2007 film Hitman, which is based on a video game series of the same name by developer IO Interactive. The first film revolved around the character Agent 47, a professional hitman who was raised from birth to be an assassin. The film was considered a financial success, grossing more than $99 million worldwide after being made with a budget of $24 million.
Quinto will star alongside Rupert Friend, who has been cast as Agent 47 himself and has previously appeared in films like Pride and Prejudice, Cheri, Day One and Starred Up. Filming is expected to begin in March.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?