Zachary Quinto, best known for portraying Spock in the Star Trek reboots and Sylar in the television series Heroes, will star in Fox International's sequel to the Hitman movie, Agent 47, Deadline reported today.
Agent 47 is a follow-up to the 2007 film Hitman, which is based on a video game series of the same name by developer IO Interactive. The first film revolved around the character Agent 47, a professional hitman who was raised from birth to be an assassin. The film was considered a financial success, grossing more than $99 million worldwide after being made with a budget of $24 million.
Quinto will star alongside Rupert Friend, who has been cast as Agent 47 himself and has previously appeared in films like Pride and Prejudice, Cheri, Day One and Starred Up. Filming is expected to begin in March.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Final Fantasy designer Tetsuya Nomura shows his extreme take on Batman
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- A New Steam Controller
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes
- DESTINY disappointment?
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1