Zachary Quinto, best known for portraying Spock in the Star Trek reboots and Sylar in the television series Heroes, will star in Fox International's sequel to the Hitman movie, Agent 47, Deadline reported today.
Agent 47 is a follow-up to the 2007 film Hitman, which is based on a video game series of the same name by developer IO Interactive. The first film revolved around the character Agent 47, a professional hitman who was raised from birth to be an assassin. The film was considered a financial success, grossing more than $99 million worldwide after being made with a budget of $24 million.
Quinto will star alongside Rupert Friend, who has been cast as Agent 47 himself and has previously appeared in films like Pride and Prejudice, Cheri, Day One and Starred Up. Filming is expected to begin in March.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Highergrounds Game
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story