The alpha for EverQuest Next Landmark will launch this evening and will be available to players who have bought a Founder's Pack at the Explorer or Trailblazer level, developer Sony Online Entertainment announced today.
Director of development for the EverQuest franchise Dave Georgeson said in a statement that the alpha will be open to the game's most committed and passionate players, and these early birds will be able to shape the future of the game.
"This is the earliest point in the development process that we've ever let player into a game," he said. "We are empowering these players to do much more than test the game for bugs. For the first time, our players can join alongside us as part of the development team. They will have a significant voice in how the final game takes shape."
EverQuest Next Landmark is the first title in the series to focus on world-building. Its developers recently detailed the game's crafting system, the landmark claims system and its advanced building tools.
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Space Noir's spaceship combat headed to PC and tablets from N-Fusion and Unity Games
- Titanfall's achievement lies in allowing the player to find fun in failure
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there