Massively multiplayer design veteran Brad McQuaid, known for his work on Everquest and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, officially announced to Twitter followers the development of his latest MMO project Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.
This follows the game's initial reveal after fans unearthed the game's official Twitter account prior to an expected Kickstarter announcement. Crowdfunding for the game is believed to begin sometime this month.
McQuaid, who previously worked with Sony Online Entertainment when the company purchased Sigil Games in 2007, left SOE last September.
According to McQuaid, we're still at least three years away from a full launch of the new MMO; however, a long beta is promised.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends