Fighting to the top and becoming Emperor in The Elder Scrolls Online comes with its own set of beneficial perks, including a skill line players will retain for their entire in-game lifetime, director Paul Sage told OXM.
In ESO, all players have a shot at assuming throne through the game's PvP system. Players can earn Alliance Points by participating in fights, taking down other players, healing allies and gaining control of keeps. In addition to racking up Alliance Points, Conquest allows players to expand their territory of rule and grants access to unlockable bonuses that can be used by entire alliances. These bonuses will increase in quality depending on how many keeps a player has in their control.
When the Alliance with the most Alliance Points takes charge of all keeps surrounding the country of Cyrodil's Imperial City, the Alliance member with the highest number of individual points will be crowned Emperor.
"Players who become Emperor will get a full skill line that they keep throughout the rest of their lives in The Elder Scrolls Online," said Sage. "It won't be easy to become Emperor, but we think people will be glad they worked for it."
When an Emperor loses their title, the skills will lose a bit of potency, but not enough to cripple the player. Sage also confirmed there is no way to become Emperor without engaging in the game's PvP arena.
The Elder Scrolls Online will launch for Windows PC on April 4, while the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are slated to hit in June.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- XBOne Classifieds
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux