The game will arrive on Android, PlayStation Vita, iOS and Ouya at an undetermined date.
"This year, I'm going to release VVVVVV on PS Vita, on iPad, on iPhone, on Android, on Ouya," Cavanagh wrote. "And, if I can manage it, all at the same time. This will very likely be the last thing I ever do with VVVVVV, and I wanna go out with a bang!"
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Titanfall's Expedition DLC offers a 'parkour playground' with the 'War Games' map