A new round of beta invitations were sent out today for ZeniMax Online Studios' upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls Online, according to an announcement on the game's official website.
Users who recently received a beta invite are prompted to create an account and start downloading the client at their earliest convenience. Those who registered for the beta are asked to check for the invitation in their spam folder or the "promotions tab" for Gmail users.
The Elder Scrolls Online will launch April 4, 2014, on Windows PC and Mac, and will be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in June 2014. The MMORPG will cost $59.99 across all platforms, requiring an additional $14.99 monthly subscription after the first month.
According to game director Matt Firor, the company may offer discounts for purchasing multiple months and will also support game time cards. Firor stated that the subscription model will allow the game to be "supported with premium customer support" and "going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?