The Pokemon Video Game and Trading Card Game Winter Regional Championships will include the most recent entries to the gaming franchise, Pokemon X and Y, for the first time ever, organizers announced today.
The event, taking place across the states, is open to the public. To compete, players need only bring a Nintendo 3DS or 2DS and a copy of either game. The competition will also feature trading card game matches.
The schedule is as follows:
- Doswell, VA - January 11-12 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 12 only)
- Long Beach, CA - January 18-19 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 19 only)
- Salem, OR - January 18-19 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 19 only)
- St. Charles, MO - January 18-19 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 18 only)
- Orlando, FL - January 25-26 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 26 only)
Winners in both the gaming and card competitions will receive booster packs and trophies, as well as travel allowance stipends. More information on the competition is available through Pokemon's official website.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song