The Pokemon Video Game and Trading Card Game Winter Regional Championships will include the most recent entries to the gaming franchise, Pokemon X and Y, for the first time ever, organizers announced today.
The event, taking place across the states, is open to the public. To compete, players need only bring a Nintendo 3DS or 2DS and a copy of either game. The competition will also feature trading card game matches.
The schedule is as follows:
- Doswell, VA - January 11-12 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 12 only)
- Long Beach, CA - January 18-19 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 19 only)
- Salem, OR - January 18-19 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 19 only)
- St. Charles, MO - January 18-19 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 18 only)
- Orlando, FL - January 25-26 - (TCG both days, Video Game Jan. 26 only)
Winners in both the gaming and card competitions will receive booster packs and trophies, as well as travel allowance stipends. More information on the competition is available through Pokemon's official website.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer