The Xbox One's Twitch-based streaming capabilities, also known as Direct Broadcasting, will likely take "a few more months," according to a tweet from Twitch's official account.
Xbox One Direct Broadcasting: There is no ETA at this time from Microsoft. Expect a few more months. If we know sooner, we'll update.— Twitch Support (@TwitchTVSupport) January 8, 2014A Microsoft representative responded to Polygon with the following:
Twitch integration was announced at Microsoft's press conference during E3 2013. The service will be exclusive to Xbox Live Gold subscribers and will allow users to upload gameplay directly to Twitch, broadcast and watch other streams.
Just before the console's release, Microsoft announced that its goal was to deliver Twitch streaming during "the first part of 2014."
A Microsoft representative responded to Polygon with the following statement:
"We understand that the broadcasting component of Twitch is very important, and it is a major focus on our roadmap as we work to ensure it is seamlessly implemented into our Xbox One experience over the coming months."
When contacted by Polygon, a Twitch representative told us, "It's up to Microsoft to share any details related to the timing and functionality of their Twitch integration."
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28