The Xbox One's Twitch-based streaming capabilities, also known as Direct Broadcasting, will likely take "a few more months," according to a tweet from Twitch's official account.
Xbox One Direct Broadcasting: There is no ETA at this time from Microsoft. Expect a few more months. If we know sooner, we'll update.— Twitch Support (@TwitchTVSupport) January 8, 2014A Microsoft representative responded to Polygon with the following:
Twitch integration was announced at Microsoft's press conference during E3 2013. The service will be exclusive to Xbox Live Gold subscribers and will allow users to upload gameplay directly to Twitch, broadcast and watch other streams.
Just before the console's release, Microsoft announced that its goal was to deliver Twitch streaming during "the first part of 2014."
A Microsoft representative responded to Polygon with the following statement:
"We understand that the broadcasting component of Twitch is very important, and it is a major focus on our roadmap as we work to ensure it is seamlessly implemented into our Xbox One experience over the coming months."
When contacted by Polygon, a Twitch representative told us, "It's up to Microsoft to share any details related to the timing and functionality of their Twitch integration."
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Got a great deal at GamesRepublic.com
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- On Patreon support
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS
- Why Pokkén Tournament is the best thing to happen to the Pokémon franchise for over a decade