Pre-order customers for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, the first Diablo 3 expansion, will be able to preload it by the end of January "if all goes well," said Blizzard Entertainment community manager Lylirra on the Battle.net forums this week.
The studio doesn't yet have an exact date for when the pre-download will be available. As is typical with Blizzard's expansions, the game patch prior to the release of Reaper of Souls, version 2.0.1, will contain all of the content within the expansion — it just won't be playable until March 25, the release date. Reaper of Souls-exclusive content includes Act 5, the Crusader and Adventure mode.
Reaper of Souls will launch first on Mac and Windows PC; it is available for pre-order for $39.99, while the Digital Deluxe Edition costs $59.99 and a retail-exclusive Collector's Edition sells for $79.99. For more on Reaper of Souls, check out our coverage from BlizzCon 2013.
- Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode screens go from brutal to kawaii
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller