Pre-order customers for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, the first Diablo 3 expansion, will be able to preload it by the end of January "if all goes well," said Blizzard Entertainment community manager Lylirra on the Battle.net forums this week.
The studio doesn't yet have an exact date for when the pre-download will be available. As is typical with Blizzard's expansions, the game patch prior to the release of Reaper of Souls, version 2.0.1, will contain all of the content within the expansion — it just won't be playable until March 25, the release date. Reaper of Souls-exclusive content includes Act 5, the Crusader and Adventure mode.
Reaper of Souls will launch first on Mac and Windows PC; it is available for pre-order for $39.99, while the Digital Deluxe Edition costs $59.99 and a retail-exclusive Collector's Edition sells for $79.99. For more on Reaper of Souls, check out our coverage from BlizzCon 2013.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming