Pre-order customers for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, the first Diablo 3 expansion, will be able to preload it by the end of January "if all goes well," said Blizzard Entertainment community manager Lylirra on the Battle.net forums this week.
The studio doesn't yet have an exact date for when the pre-download will be available. As is typical with Blizzard's expansions, the game patch prior to the release of Reaper of Souls, version 2.0.1, will contain all of the content within the expansion — it just won't be playable until March 25, the release date. Reaper of Souls-exclusive content includes Act 5, the Crusader and Adventure mode.
Reaper of Souls will launch first on Mac and Windows PC; it is available for pre-order for $39.99, while the Digital Deluxe Edition costs $59.99 and a retail-exclusive Collector's Edition sells for $79.99. For more on Reaper of Souls, check out our coverage from BlizzCon 2013.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall