Pre-order customers for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, the first Diablo 3 expansion, will be able to preload it by the end of January "if all goes well," said Blizzard Entertainment community manager Lylirra on the Battle.net forums this week.
The studio doesn't yet have an exact date for when the pre-download will be available. As is typical with Blizzard's expansions, the game patch prior to the release of Reaper of Souls, version 2.0.1, will contain all of the content within the expansion — it just won't be playable until March 25, the release date. Reaper of Souls-exclusive content includes Act 5, the Crusader and Adventure mode.
Reaper of Souls will launch first on Mac and Windows PC; it is available for pre-order for $39.99, while the Digital Deluxe Edition costs $59.99 and a retail-exclusive Collector's Edition sells for $79.99. For more on Reaper of Souls, check out our coverage from BlizzCon 2013.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart