The beta of SteamOS now supports AMD graphics cards, courtesy of the latest update from Valve, the company announced this week.
The Jan. 7 update to SteamOS included an update to a preview release for the AMD Catalyst driver, version 13.11 beta 9.9. It "should fix the poor in-game performance and malfunctioning return to desktop functionality," said Valve's Pierre-Loup Griffais in a Steam Universe post.
Griffais noted a couple of known issues with the preview release: screen tearing and "poor overlay performance in-game."
Check out our CES 2014 StoryStream for all the latest news on Valve's Steam Machines and SteamOS.
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- PlayStation Move creator to discuss 'future of innovation' for PlayStation at GDC