The beta of SteamOS now supports AMD graphics cards, courtesy of the latest update from Valve, the company announced this week.
The Jan. 7 update to SteamOS included an update to a preview release for the AMD Catalyst driver, version 13.11 beta 9.9. It "should fix the poor in-game performance and malfunctioning return to desktop functionality," said Valve's Pierre-Loup Griffais in a Steam Universe post.
Griffais noted a couple of known issues with the preview release: screen tearing and "poor overlay performance in-game."
Check out our CES 2014 StoryStream for all the latest news on Valve's Steam Machines and SteamOS.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This is what the sheer intensity of an official Pokemon championship tournament looks like