The beta of SteamOS now supports AMD graphics cards, courtesy of the latest update from Valve, the company announced this week.
The Jan. 7 update to SteamOS included an update to a preview release for the AMD Catalyst driver, version 13.11 beta 9.9. It "should fix the poor in-game performance and malfunctioning return to desktop functionality," said Valve's Pierre-Loup Griffais in a Steam Universe post.
Griffais noted a couple of known issues with the preview release: screen tearing and "poor overlay performance in-game."
Check out our CES 2014 StoryStream for all the latest news on Valve's Steam Machines and SteamOS.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios