Mount & Blade series developer TaleWorlds Entertainment assumed responsibility for the games from publisher Paradox Interactive yesterday, according to a post on the Paradox forums.
As a parting gift, Paradox is offering Mount & Blade owners access to the Steam Early Access version of Paradox North's Magicka: Wizard Wars. The farewell gift has been added to owners' Steam libraries.
The post also reveals that Paradox will shut down its forum and directs users to TaleWorlds' official forums.
"We will be shutting this forum down for posting soon," the post reads. "And at a later stage it will disappear completely, so if you have anything on here you wish to preserve. [sic] Now is the time to get it!"
The medieval series began in 2008 when the Turkish developer released Mount & Blade, an action role-playing game for Windows PC. A sequel, Mount & Blade: Warband, was released in 2010, and a standalone expansion, Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword, came out in 2011.
TaleWorlds announced another entry, Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, in September 2012. For more on the upcoming game, you can watch its announcement trailer and browse a gallery of screenshots from its alpha.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28