Mount & Blade series developer TaleWorlds Entertainment assumed responsibility for the games from publisher Paradox Interactive yesterday, according to a post on the Paradox forums.
As a parting gift, Paradox is offering Mount & Blade owners access to the Steam Early Access version of Paradox North's Magicka: Wizard Wars. The farewell gift has been added to owners' Steam libraries.
The post also reveals that Paradox will shut down its forum and directs users to TaleWorlds' official forums.
"We will be shutting this forum down for posting soon," the post reads. "And at a later stage it will disappear completely, so if you have anything on here you wish to preserve. [sic] Now is the time to get it!"
The medieval series began in 2008 when the Turkish developer released Mount & Blade, an action role-playing game for Windows PC. A sequel, Mount & Blade: Warband, was released in 2010, and a standalone expansion, Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword, came out in 2011.
TaleWorlds announced another entry, Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, in September 2012. For more on the upcoming game, you can watch its announcement trailer and browse a gallery of screenshots from its alpha.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"