If Dark Souls 2 players want downloadable content, they should speak up.
Producer Takeshi Miyazoe told OXM that the development team at From Software is focusing on finishing the game, which is set for a March 11 release. From isn't opposed to expanding Dark Souls 2 through DLC, and it wouldn't be the first for the series: The original Dark Souls received one DLC expansion, Artorias of the Abyss.
Though there don't seem to be any current plans for DLC, fan reaction could convince the developer to create it.
"There is definitely potential, I think," Miyazoe said. "Again, it's all about fan feedback. Right now we are concentrating on completing what we've got, but I think there are next steps on how we can expand on Dark Souls 2.
"So I'm not really ready to say, 'Look forward to more information,' but I think the potential is definitely there."
More from Polygon
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward