"I think you will with @ID_Xbox. Played 2 of the first shipping games, a Worms game n Nutjitsu, right before DICE," Spencer wrote, responding to a retweet request for an Xbox One Kickstarter called Kingdom Come: Deliverance and a question if more Xbox One Kickstarter campaigns will appear when @ID_Xbox "gets going."
Nutjitsu, the latest game from A World of Keflings developer NinjaBee, launched on Windows 8 as an add-supported game via the Windows Store last September. Players take on the role of a ninja squirrel who must win back its stolen acorns from foxes. The game features maze-like gameplay and a hand-drawn art style with a feudal Japanese touch.
The latest titles in Team 17's worm-centric artillery strategy franchise include last year's Worms 3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and Worms Revolution Extreme for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3. Worms Revolution launched on the Xbox 360 late 2012.
Program director Chris Charla revealed in December that games are expected "early in the new year" and may arrive in March. The ID@Xbox program will support various business models such as free-to-play, microtransactions and premium pricing.
Outlined in full last August, the ID@Xbox program launched alongside the Xbox One last year. Developers accepted into the program received two development kits for free and Microsoft plans to eventually allow devs to use retail Xbox One consoles as developer kits and self-publish on the hardware.
Update: Developer Team17 announced this morning that Worms Battlegrounds will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31