"I think you will with @ID_Xbox. Played 2 of the first shipping games, a Worms game n Nutjitsu, right before DICE," Spencer wrote, responding to a retweet request for an Xbox One Kickstarter called Kingdom Come: Deliverance and a question if more Xbox One Kickstarter campaigns will appear when @ID_Xbox "gets going."
Nutjitsu, the latest game from A World of Keflings developer NinjaBee, launched on Windows 8 as an add-supported game via the Windows Store last September. Players take on the role of a ninja squirrel who must win back its stolen acorns from foxes. The game features maze-like gameplay and a hand-drawn art style with a feudal Japanese touch.
The latest titles in Team 17's worm-centric artillery strategy franchise include last year's Worms 3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and Worms Revolution Extreme for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3. Worms Revolution launched on the Xbox 360 late 2012.
Program director Chris Charla revealed in December that games are expected "early in the new year" and may arrive in March. The ID@Xbox program will support various business models such as free-to-play, microtransactions and premium pricing.
Outlined in full last August, the ID@Xbox program launched alongside the Xbox One last year. Developers accepted into the program received two development kits for free and Microsoft plans to eventually allow devs to use retail Xbox One consoles as developer kits and self-publish on the hardware.
Update: Developer Team17 announced this morning that Worms Battlegrounds will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year.
- Basement Crawl review: cutting room
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- When a successful game is a failure
- Jack Tretton steps down as CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Battlefield 4's Carrier Assault mode lets you wage war with an aircraft carrier
- Dark Souls 2's prologue sets the tone for the Cursed journey to come
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- Watch Dogs for Wii U still in development, 2014 release possible
- EA cancels Titanfall release in South Africa
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Dracul: Now not a Dick