The Wii U version of Watch Dogs will launch later than the title's other versions, Ubisoft's Yves Guillemot announced today during the company's financial call.
Guillemot confirmed that Watch Dogs is on track to launch during the first fiscal quarter of Ubisoft's 2014-2015 financial year, which puts its release date sometime between April and June. The PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC versions will launch at this time.
"The Wii U SKU will be launched at a later date," Guillemot said.
Last month, GameStop stores in Italy and the U.S. began canceling pre-orders for Watch Dogs on Wii U, according to several reports. GameStop confirmed with Polygon at the time that the Wii U version was still available to pre-order. At the end of January, Nintendo released its third quarter financial report, which did not list Watch Dogs as a Wii U title coming this fiscal year. When contacted, Ubisoft refused comment on the status of Watch Dogs on Wii U.
Shortly after, an unknown party pretending to be Ubisoft filed to cancel the Watch Dogs trademark.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?