The Wii U version of Watch Dogs will launch later than the title's other versions, Ubisoft's Yves Guillemot announced today during the company's financial call.
Guillemot confirmed that Watch Dogs is on track to launch during the first fiscal quarter of Ubisoft's 2014-2015 financial year, which puts its release date sometime between April and June. The PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC versions will launch at this time.
"The Wii U SKU will be launched at a later date," Guillemot said.
Last month, GameStop stores in Italy and the U.S. began canceling pre-orders for Watch Dogs on Wii U, according to several reports. GameStop confirmed with Polygon at the time that the Wii U version was still available to pre-order. At the end of January, Nintendo released its third quarter financial report, which did not list Watch Dogs as a Wii U title coming this fiscal year. When contacted, Ubisoft refused comment on the status of Watch Dogs on Wii U.
Shortly after, an unknown party pretending to be Ubisoft filed to cancel the Watch Dogs trademark.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup