The Wii U version of Watch Dogs will launch later than the title's other versions, Ubisoft's Yves Guillemot announced today during the company's financial call.
Guillemot confirmed that Watch Dogs is on track to launch during the first fiscal quarter of Ubisoft's 2014-2015 financial year, which puts its release date sometime between April and June. The PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC versions will launch at this time.
"The Wii U SKU will be launched at a later date," Guillemot said.
Last month, GameStop stores in Italy and the U.S. began canceling pre-orders for Watch Dogs on Wii U, according to several reports. GameStop confirmed with Polygon at the time that the Wii U version was still available to pre-order. At the end of January, Nintendo released its third quarter financial report, which did not list Watch Dogs as a Wii U title coming this fiscal year. When contacted, Ubisoft refused comment on the status of Watch Dogs on Wii U.
Shortly after, an unknown party pretending to be Ubisoft filed to cancel the Watch Dogs trademark.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- On Patreon support
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)