The Wii U version of Watch Dogs will launch later than the title's other versions, Ubisoft's Yves Guillemot announced today during the company's financial call.
Guillemot confirmed that Watch Dogs is on track to launch during the first fiscal quarter of Ubisoft's 2014-2015 financial year, which puts its release date sometime between April and June. The PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC versions will launch at this time.
"The Wii U SKU will be launched at a later date," Guillemot said.
Last month, GameStop stores in Italy and the U.S. began canceling pre-orders for Watch Dogs on Wii U, according to several reports. GameStop confirmed with Polygon at the time that the Wii U version was still available to pre-order. At the end of January, Nintendo released its third quarter financial report, which did not list Watch Dogs as a Wii U title coming this fiscal year. When contacted, Ubisoft refused comment on the status of Watch Dogs on Wii U.
Shortly after, an unknown party pretending to be Ubisoft filed to cancel the Watch Dogs trademark.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming