Veteran video game composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, most recognized for his work on Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy 12, is joining the development team of Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians, according to an update to the game's Kickstarter campaign.
Sakimoto will join the all-star team of veteran Japanese role-playing game developers working with Playdek on Unsung Story, including director and designer Yasumi Matsuno and character designer Akihiko Yoshida. Sakimoto worked with both developers previously on Square Enix JRPGs Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 12 and Vagrant Story.
Yoshida, whose recent credits include Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn and Bravely Default, was announced as a development team member in late January.
The Kickstarter campaign for Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians launched in early January. The title will be a tactical role-playing game for Linux, Mac and Windows PC, with a PlayStation 4 port in its stretch goals. A prequel digital card game, Unsung Story, is set to launch later this year. At the time of writing, the campaign has pulled in $491,861 of its $600,000 goal with three days remaining.
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- What do Shakespeare and The Last of Us movie have in common?