Players interested in taking part in the closed beta for Titanfall can now register to play the Xbox One and Windows PC versions of the futuristic first-person shooter.
In a release, publisher Electronic Arts confirmed that the beta will launch on Feb. 14. Those who have been selected to take part will be notified by publisher Electronic Arts via email "no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on Feb. 17th." Registration for the Titanfall beta closes on Friday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m. ET.
Included in the beta will be three game modes: team-based deathmatch mode Attrition, control point mode Hardpoint Domination and Last Titan Standing, in which "everyone on both teams starts with a titan in a round-based mode that ends when one team has lost all of their titans. There's no respawning and no replacement titans can be called down."
Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella announced last week that people won't need to pre-order Titanfall for beta access; in fact, he said yesterday, doing so "will not help" your chances — not everyone who pre-ordered will get in to the beta.
"We tried but just couldn't do it," said Zampella on Twitter. "If it were up to me I would let most of you in (always a few bad apples). Sadly, we have restrictions that we couldn't avoid."
Update: EA released a new trailer for Titanfall, highlighting gameplay from the upcoming beta.
Update 2: The beta will end on Feb. 18, Respawn announced on Twitter today, and players will be free to livestream gameplay and post footage online.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- Optimus Prime is no longer just a truck, he's a PlayStation
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes