Players interested in taking part in the closed beta for Titanfall can now register to play the Xbox One and Windows PC versions of the futuristic first-person shooter.
In a release, publisher Electronic Arts confirmed that the beta will launch on Feb. 14. Those who have been selected to take part will be notified by publisher Electronic Arts via email "no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on Feb. 17th." Registration for the Titanfall beta closes on Friday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m. ET.
Included in the beta will be three game modes: team-based deathmatch mode Attrition, control point mode Hardpoint Domination and Last Titan Standing, in which "everyone on both teams starts with a titan in a round-based mode that ends when one team has lost all of their titans. There's no respawning and no replacement titans can be called down."
Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella announced last week that people won't need to pre-order Titanfall for beta access; in fact, he said yesterday, doing so "will not help" your chances — not everyone who pre-ordered will get in to the beta.
"We tried but just couldn't do it," said Zampella on Twitter. "If it were up to me I would let most of you in (always a few bad apples). Sadly, we have restrictions that we couldn't avoid."
Update: EA released a new trailer for Titanfall, highlighting gameplay from the upcoming beta.
Update 2: The beta will end on Feb. 18, Respawn announced on Twitter today, and players will be free to livestream gameplay and post footage online.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The original Killer Instinct 2 may be coming to Xbox One
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
- EA Access wants to be Netflix for video games, but it doesn't go far enough
- Watch us freeze to death in The Long Dark
- How to fight enemies in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Watch The Last of Us stars share their first meeting, discuss 'alternate' ending
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???