Players interested in taking part in the closed beta for Titanfall can now register to play the Xbox One and Windows PC versions of the futuristic first-person shooter.
In a release, publisher Electronic Arts confirmed that the beta will launch on Feb. 14. Those who have been selected to take part will be notified by publisher Electronic Arts via email "no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on Feb. 17th." Registration for the Titanfall beta closes on Friday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m. ET.
Included in the beta will be three game modes: team-based deathmatch mode Attrition, control point mode Hardpoint Domination and Last Titan Standing, in which "everyone on both teams starts with a titan in a round-based mode that ends when one team has lost all of their titans. There's no respawning and no replacement titans can be called down."
Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella announced last week that people won't need to pre-order Titanfall for beta access; in fact, he said yesterday, doing so "will not help" your chances — not everyone who pre-ordered will get in to the beta.
"We tried but just couldn't do it," said Zampella on Twitter. "If it were up to me I would let most of you in (always a few bad apples). Sadly, we have restrictions that we couldn't avoid."
Update: EA released a new trailer for Titanfall, highlighting gameplay from the upcoming beta.
Update 2: The beta will end on Feb. 18, Respawn announced on Twitter today, and players will be free to livestream gameplay and post footage online.
- Game dev harassment remains as bad as it was a year ago
- 1080p will come to Xbox One games, but at a cost
- The police aren't an army: the problem with Battlefield Hardline
- CounterSpy review: arms race
- Wasteland 2 will be officially released Sept. 19
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 listing appears on Xbox.com
- Atari's bringing back Haunted House and Alone in the Dark this fall
- Cold War cover-shooting in CounterSpy
- Welcome to Pokégon: our page dedicated to Pokémon
- It's impossible to visit every planet in No Man's Sky
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Mon Aug 18