Xbox Entertainment Studios is producing a television series inspired by the life of rapper Nas, reports Deadline.
The half-hour series, Street Dreams, is said to be "loosely based" on Nas' experience as an up-and-coming rapper in the 1990s. Set in the Queensbridge neighborhood of Queens, N.Y., Nas' hometown, the series is being written and directed by Jonathan Levine, the director of 2013's zombie love story Warm Bodies.
Los Angeles-based Xbox Entertainment Studios was created in early 2013 to produce original programming, including interactive content, for the Xbox brand. The company is working on a series of documentaries as well as reality television.
We're reaching out to Microsoft for more details, and will update this article with any information we receive.
Correction: Deadline's report originally referred to Street Dreams as a "comedy series," but Deadline has since amended its story to call it a "music series." We've edited the story above to reflect this.
Update: A Microsoft representative did not comment on the report, but sent Polygon the following statement:
"The only projects we've announced to date are Halo, The Television Series, executive produced by Steven Spielberg, and the multi-film documentary series produced by Simon Chinn and Jonathan Chinn, with the first documentary film exploring the fabled Atari mystery. We have been overwhelmed by the interest we've received from the creative community to collaborate with us on developing unique, compelling story telling experiences for the Xbox community and look forward to sharing more with you soon."
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?