A video game based on FX Networks' television drama series Sons of Anarchy may see a release in the future, according to series creator Kurt Sutter.
Sutter tweeted there will "definitely" be a Sons of Anarchy game, adding that it is a first-person, action adventure title with high-definition graphics and "represents the evolution of gaming."
"It's been a long and frustrating pursuit," the executive producer wrote. "But I'm tenacious. And kind of dickish."
After approaching Rockstar Games via Twitter about the possibility of creating a Sons of Anarchy video game last October, Sutter revealed a month later that he had given up on pushing for a video game adaptation of his series. He tweeted at the time that there was "no interest from industry, little support from Fox."
Sons of Anarchy focuses on a Californian outlaw motorcycle club and its vice president, protagonist Jackson "Jax" Teller. Premiering in 2008, six seasons have been broadcast to date with a seventh and final season due this year.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible