A video game based on FX Networks' television drama series Sons of Anarchy may see a release in the future, according to series creator Kurt Sutter.
Sutter tweeted there will "definitely" be a Sons of Anarchy game, adding that it is a first-person, action adventure title with high-definition graphics and "represents the evolution of gaming."
"It's been a long and frustrating pursuit," the executive producer wrote. "But I'm tenacious. And kind of dickish."
After approaching Rockstar Games via Twitter about the possibility of creating a Sons of Anarchy video game last October, Sutter revealed a month later that he had given up on pushing for a video game adaptation of his series. He tweeted at the time that there was "no interest from industry, little support from Fox."
Sons of Anarchy focuses on a Californian outlaw motorcycle club and its vice president, protagonist Jackson "Jax" Teller. Premiering in 2008, six seasons have been broadcast to date with a seventh and final season due this year.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake