The Besties are back!
At the end of 2013, the fate of the show was unclear. We were unsure what the podcast would look like in 2014.
But after hearing positive feedback from many of our listeners, we buckled down and came up with a new format. We really like it; we hope you do, too. This year, we will record one extended episode at the end of each month, discussing the best games of the previous 30 or so days. With the new format, we can ensure all four hosts have had time to play the selected games. We think that change alone will produce better conversations. If all goes well, the show will feel more like our end-of-the-year specials.
Also, we'll be reading listener mail. So send your thoughts, feelings, questions and deepest, darkest secrets to besties at polygon dot com! We also want to know your favorite games of February and why they're so special.
Thanks again to everyone who asked for more Besties. You are why we do the show.
- 9:20 - Rust
- 29:00 - Hearthstone
- 49:00 - Halftime!
- 55:00 - Loadout
- 1:05:00 - News of the month
- 1:23:00 - The Banner Saga
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- A game inspired by psone graphics
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Destiny Beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Xbox One Spare Beta Code