The Besties are back!
At the end of 2013, the fate of the show was unclear. We were unsure what the podcast would look like in 2014.
But after hearing positive feedback from many of our listeners, we buckled down and came up with a new format. We really like it; we hope you do, too. This year, we will record one extended episode at the end of each month, discussing the best games of the previous 30 or so days. With the new format, we can ensure all four hosts have had time to play the selected games. We think that change alone will produce better conversations. If all goes well, the show will feel more like our end-of-the-year specials.
Also, we'll be reading listener mail. So send your thoughts, feelings, questions and deepest, darkest secrets to besties at polygon dot com! We also want to know your favorite games of February and why they're so special.
Thanks again to everyone who asked for more Besties. You are why we do the show.
- 9:20 - Rust
- 29:00 - Hearthstone
- 49:00 - Halftime!
- 55:00 - Loadout
- 1:05:00 - News of the month
- 1:23:00 - The Banner Saga
Theme song by Ian Dorsch
Get the show:
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- The Long Dark is a quieter take on DayZ, and it's still terrifying
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward