"It's just fixing the controller input, really," said Justin Hendry, design lead on Titanfall, in an interview with The Verge. "It wasn't really where we felt it should be; it was a little overly twitchy with the current controls. Now it's fixed. We're happy with it." According to Respawn, the changes implemented with the update will also improve controls in other titles, but there's no word yet on when this patch would be available.
Earlier this week, Microsoft announced a major Xbox One system update scheduled for release before Titanfall's arrival on March 11. The update features a suite of improvements and additions to the console's multiplayer gaming functionality. Respawn also indicated to The Verge that it's collaborating with Microsoft on an update to the Xbox One's display scaler, which the console uses to upscale games natively rendered at resolutions below 1080p.
We've reached out to Microsoft for more details, and will update this article with any information we receive. For more on Titanfall, check out our brand-new preview from hands-on time with the upcoming beta.
Update: "The February update will increase the sensitivity of the outer boundaries of the thumbsticks on the Xbox One controller," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon. "The update will happen automatically when your controller syncs with your console."
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story