"It's just fixing the controller input, really," said Justin Hendry, design lead on Titanfall, in an interview with The Verge. "It wasn't really where we felt it should be; it was a little overly twitchy with the current controls. Now it's fixed. We're happy with it." According to Respawn, the changes implemented with the update will also improve controls in other titles, but there's no word yet on when this patch would be available.
Earlier this week, Microsoft announced a major Xbox One system update scheduled for release before Titanfall's arrival on March 11. The update features a suite of improvements and additions to the console's multiplayer gaming functionality. Respawn also indicated to The Verge that it's collaborating with Microsoft on an update to the Xbox One's display scaler, which the console uses to upscale games natively rendered at resolutions below 1080p.
We've reached out to Microsoft for more details, and will update this article with any information we receive. For more on Titanfall, check out our brand-new preview from hands-on time with the upcoming beta.
Update: "The February update will increase the sensitivity of the outer boundaries of the thumbsticks on the Xbox One controller," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon. "The update will happen automatically when your controller syncs with your console."
- Sony and Microsoft are giving you games, and GameStop isn't happy
- Our first look at Jurassic World's upcoming trailer
- Bizarre gaming peripheral seeks $250K from Kickstarter to bleed you out in real life
- Xbox One early adopters get Limbo for free, says message
- StarCraft 2 player kicked from tournament after rape comment
- Polygon Daily Off Topic: We're surrounded! (Monday, Nov. 24)
- Pokémon Discussions - Trumpets in the Distance
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (November)
- What is the greatest boss battle of all time?
- Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Ermagerd Smarsh! (Sat\Sun 22-23Nov)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, no. 2: Shocking Truth!
- Far Cry 4 Awful performance on my PC
- Is It Possible To Kill Review Scores?
- Your Wishlist Top 3: Steam Sale Nov'14 Edition
- Polygon on YouTube