The development team on Bungie's sci-fi "shared world" shooter Destiny revealed last night a few pieces of early concept art and 3D models for an upcoming in-game vehicle known as the Shrike.
The Shrike craft is the work of lead art designer Tom Doyle, with concept art from Isaac Hannaford and 3D models developed by Travis Brady. The vehicle can be summoned on demand in Destiny, following the philosophy that "Getting from point A to point B should be fun... not a menu option," says Doyle.
While details of the craft are scant, Doyle confirms the vehicle will upgrade as the player progresses. From the get-go, the Shrike's paint scheme will correspond to the player's class and progression in the game so far. These three paint schemes will then update over time.
The Shrike is still a work in progress, however. All items, names and details are subject to changes and redesigns, says Bungie, as the game is still a way off. Destiny is slated to launch Sept. 9 on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The game's beta arrives this summer.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!