R-Type 2, the classic horizontal shoot-'em-up from Irem, is now available on iOS and Android for $1.99 in North America and €1.79 in Europe, publisher DotEmu announced today.
Irem originally released R-Type 2 in 1989 in the arcade, and the game later launched on Amiga, Atari ST and Game Boy. The follow-up to the first R-Type, from 1987, featured an upgraded ship with a homing wave cannon and two new weapons.
DotEmu's port offers three difficulty settings: Normal (akin to the original experience), Unlimited (with unlimited lives) and a very difficult Insane option. Graphics options for filtering, scan lines and aspect ratio allow players to tweak the game's visuals to their preferences. Two customizable control schemes are available, a touch-only mode and one with a virtual D-pad. And the game supports controllers on both iOS 7 and Android, including the PowerA Moga and Nvidia Shield.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development