Sir Hammerlock Versus the Son of Crawmerax, the fifth and final Headhunter add-on for Borderlands 2, will arrive April 15, publisher 2K Games revealed today.
The downloadable content will retail for $2.99 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Mac and Windows PC. It's expected to be released April 16 on PS3 in Europe and Oceania.
Sir Hammerlock Versus the Son of Crawmerax takes place on Wam Bam Island, where series veterans Brick, Lilith, Hammerlock and Mordecai are relaxing on vacation. "At first," the announcement reads, "everything appears peaceful as Sir Hammerlock shows off his homemade brew and talks about the latest in Varkid tracking ... that is, until tragedy strikes when a monstrously large beast kidnaps the scholarly hunter and pulls him underground. Fortunately, Crazy Earl and Mordecai are on hand to help recover the mustached colleague, provided you do a few favors for them first."
The add-on concludes with a battle against the crab worm Crawmerax Jr., the revenge seeking son of the original Crawmerax from the Borderlands DLC The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.
Earlier this week, Sony's John Koller announced that Borderlands 2 would make its way to the PlayStation Vita bundled with the handheld's new "slim" version. Pre-orders are now open for the $199.99 PS Vita bundle.
- Polygon's Games of the Year 2014 #4: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- The best of the rest 2014: Alien: Isolation is the boldest, best game of the year
- 2014 in review: Sports video games deliver a rivalry to remember
- The Interview was pirated more than 750,000 times in its first day of release
- Best of the rest of 2014: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth may be my most-played game in 2015
- Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Tacogon Weekend ( Sat-Sun 27-28/12 )
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No 5- Terror and Mystery in the Western Frontier
- Pokémon Discussions - Primal Evolution Ain't Cheap
- The Ending of Dragon Age: Inquisition (!Spoilers obviously!)
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (Nov - Dec)