Sir Hammerlock Versus the Son of Crawmerax, the fifth and final Headhunter add-on for Borderlands 2, will arrive April 15, publisher 2K Games revealed today.
The downloadable content will retail for $2.99 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Mac and Windows PC. It's expected to be released April 16 on PS3 in Europe and Oceania.
Sir Hammerlock Versus the Son of Crawmerax takes place on Wam Bam Island, where series veterans Brick, Lilith, Hammerlock and Mordecai are relaxing on vacation. "At first," the announcement reads, "everything appears peaceful as Sir Hammerlock shows off his homemade brew and talks about the latest in Varkid tracking ... that is, until tragedy strikes when a monstrously large beast kidnaps the scholarly hunter and pulls him underground. Fortunately, Crazy Earl and Mordecai are on hand to help recover the mustached colleague, provided you do a few favors for them first."
The add-on concludes with a battle against the crab worm Crawmerax Jr., the revenge seeking son of the original Crawmerax from the Borderlands DLC The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.
Earlier this week, Sony's John Koller announced that Borderlands 2 would make its way to the PlayStation Vita bundled with the handheld's new "slim" version. Pre-orders are now open for the $199.99 PS Vita bundle.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell