Blizzard will connect four more sets of realms in World of Warcraft today, with plans to sync up a dozen more later this month, according to a post on Battle.net.
Maintenance for the connection began at 8 a.m. ET this morning and is expected to last until 4 p.m. ET. Once completed, the following realms will be connected:
- Azjol-Nerub and Khaz Modan
- Eldre'Thalas and Korialstrasz
- Farstriders and Silverhand
- Spinebreaker and Wildhammer
A planned connection between Thunderlord, Azgalor, Azshara and Destromath has been postponed, as has the promised realm connection of Scarlet Crusade and Feathermoon.
During the same time period on Thursday, Feb. 27, Blizzard plans to connect another batch of realms:
- Alexstrasza and Terokkar
- Cenarion Circle and Sisters of Elune
- Exodar and Medivh
- Frostwolf and Vashj
- Gorefiend and Spinebreaker/Wildhammer
- Gundrak and Jubei'Thos
- Mug'thol and Dragonmaw/Akama
At this time all other realms have been connected to another save for a small handful. Blizzard will provide more details on these connections at a later date when they are ready for the merger.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down