Blizzard will connect four more sets of realms in World of Warcraft today, with plans to sync up a dozen more later this month, according to a post on Battle.net.
Maintenance for the connection began at 8 a.m. ET this morning and is expected to last until 4 p.m. ET. Once completed, the following realms will be connected:
- Azjol-Nerub and Khaz Modan
- Eldre'Thalas and Korialstrasz
- Farstriders and Silverhand
- Spinebreaker and Wildhammer
A planned connection between Thunderlord, Azgalor, Azshara and Destromath has been postponed, as has the promised realm connection of Scarlet Crusade and Feathermoon.
During the same time period on Thursday, Feb. 27, Blizzard plans to connect another batch of realms:
- Alexstrasza and Terokkar
- Cenarion Circle and Sisters of Elune
- Exodar and Medivh
- Frostwolf and Vashj
- Gorefiend and Spinebreaker/Wildhammer
- Gundrak and Jubei'Thos
- Mug'thol and Dragonmaw/Akama
At this time all other realms have been connected to another save for a small handful. Blizzard will provide more details on these connections at a later date when they are ready for the merger.
- The amazing real-world Assassin's Creed Unity parkour run and how it was created
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
- Shadowgate remake coming to Mac, PC on Aug. 21, mobile this fall