This year, we'll be piloting a number of new video programs at Polygon. Some may run for an episode or two, others may last — fingers-crossed — for years.
This is one of our latest projects, a service series explaining how to "beat" your favorite game. Beat is a loaded word; games aren't something to be pummeled. I was mixed on whether or not to use the term, but ultimately, I loved the history of the "beat," the image it conjures of kids batting about an arcade cabinet in a smoky pizza shop.
To start the series, we're pulling back the curtain on Threes!, a cripplingly addictive puzzle game available on iOS. At the moment of publish, I stand atop the leaderboard amongst friends. But I sense my position will soon slip. These tips should help expedite that, but I think there are more strategies — high level tactics — that will obliterate even the 27,000 point threshold.
If you uncover such a method, share it in the comments! We will reward you with a bouquet of GIFs!
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds