This year, we'll be piloting a number of new video programs at Polygon. Some may run for an episode or two, others may last — fingers-crossed — for years.
This is one of our latest projects, a service series explaining how to "beat" your favorite game. Beat is a loaded word; games aren't something to be pummeled. I was mixed on whether or not to use the term, but ultimately, I loved the history of the "beat," the image it conjures of kids batting about an arcade cabinet in a smoky pizza shop.
To start the series, we're pulling back the curtain on Threes!, a cripplingly addictive puzzle game available on iOS. At the moment of publish, I stand atop the leaderboard amongst friends. But I sense my position will soon slip. These tips should help expedite that, but I think there are more strategies — high level tactics — that will obliterate even the 27,000 point threshold.
If you uncover such a method, share it in the comments! We will reward you with a bouquet of GIFs!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)