Battlefield 4's Second Assault downloadable content will be released Feb. 18 for Battlefield Premium subscribers on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Windows PC, according to a post on the official Battlefield Blog.
The DLC will be available on those platforms for non-Premium subscribers two weeks later, on March 3.
Second Assault contains four maps from Battlefield 3 — Operation Metro, Caspian Border, Gulf of Oman and Operation Firestorm — rebuilt in Battlefield 4's Frostbite 3 engine. It was released for Xbox One at the console's launch last November.
Battlefield 4's third downloadable expansion, Naval Strike, will launch its "water-based combat" in "late March" for Premium members, according to the post. It will contain four new maps, new weapons, new vehicles and more.
Last December, in the midst of a launch in which Battlefield 4 players experienced problems with the first-person shooter on multiple platforms, EA announced that it was halting work on expansions to fix those problems. EA declared February "Player Appreciation Month," offering players daily giveaways and more.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today