Battlefield 4's Second Assault downloadable content will be released Feb. 18 for Battlefield Premium subscribers on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Windows PC, according to a post on the official Battlefield Blog.
The DLC will be available on those platforms for non-Premium subscribers two weeks later, on March 3.
Second Assault contains four maps from Battlefield 3 — Operation Metro, Caspian Border, Gulf of Oman and Operation Firestorm — rebuilt in Battlefield 4's Frostbite 3 engine. It was released for Xbox One at the console's launch last November.
Battlefield 4's third downloadable expansion, Naval Strike, will launch its "water-based combat" in "late March" for Premium members, according to the post. It will contain four new maps, new weapons, new vehicles and more.
Last December, in the midst of a launch in which Battlefield 4 players experienced problems with the first-person shooter on multiple platforms, EA announced that it was halting work on expansions to fix those problems. EA declared February "Player Appreciation Month," offering players daily giveaways and more.
In This StoryStream
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Insured Profits Review - The TRUTH!
- GET > Insured Profits Review, Download Insured Profits System Now
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20