Developed by a "small core team," the tablet and smartphone game is meant to stand separate to the AAA action-adventure stealth series "while still [retaining] the essence of what a Hitman game is."
According to Square Enix Montreal, the strategy game will use diorama-style pieces. "You will strategically navigate fixed spaces on a grid to avoid enemies and take out your target or infiltrate well-guarded locations," the game's description reads. "You really have to think about each move and all the Hitman tools of the trade you would expect are included; disguises, distractions, sniper rifles and even 47's iconic Silverballers."
While no release date was revealed, the developer said it is "almost ready for launch."
The developer of the main Hitman franchise IO Interactive is currently working on the next installment in the series.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27