Bayonetta 2, Platinum Games' sequel to its third-person action game from early 2010, gives the titular heroine new magical powers, as seen in a trailer shown during a Nintendo Direct presentation today.
The "Did You Miss Me?" trailer sets up the game's story, which originates in a struggle between two clans 500 years prior to the events of the game, the Umbra Witches and Lumen Sages. The latter group was thought to be extinct, but Bayonetta faces off against one near the end of the trailer. One of the new abilities she has in Bayonetta 2 is Umbran Climax, which allows her to build up power and unleash it in a single strong attack. You can watch the trailer below.
Update: Bayonetta 2 will be available this summer in Japan, Nintendo announced today during the Japanese Nintendo Direct presentation. The company did not give any such refinement of the game's release window in other regions.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- A note from the (reviews) editor: No release-day Destiny review
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1