Respawn Entertainment is opening up the current Titanfall multiplayer beta test to all Xbox One users, in part to better stress test the game under load and in an attempt to appease players who didn't get into the closed beta test, the developer announced today.
"We have limited server capacity for the beta, but would be good to hit that ceiling," Respawn founder Vince Zampella tweeted on Saturday evening. He later tweeted, "Ok, just heard from [Respawn programmer Jon Shiring]. His words are 'Let's break it', so the plan is to make the beta fully open and have you max stress it!
"All the switches need to be flipped, and there are probably lots! It will take some number of time units to do it all!"
Access to the Titanfall open beta on Xbox One is expected to be available sometime on Saturday evening. An open beta for the Windows PC version will follow, Zampella said, sometime on Sunday, Feb. 16.
Zampella said he expects multiplayer servers to hold up, with the worst case being "delays in finding a server during peak times."
Previously, players interested in partaking in the Titanfall beta needed a code to join, which EA began distributing to those who registered for the beta earlier this week.
Microsoft's Larry Hryb posted on his blog that the Titanfall beta should appear in the "New Game Demos" section of the Xbox Game Store soon. He added, "It may take some time until all Xbox One's can see the demo in the store. Some members may see it before others. Until then just relax and rest assured everyone will see it soon."
Zampella said that Respawn will also extend Titanfall's multiplayer beta "at least a day, to make up for the down time" players experienced on Friday. Previously, the beta period was planned to run until Wednesday, Feb. 19.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28