Respawn Entertainment isn't ruling out eventually bringing Titanfall to competitive gaming tournaments after its launch, community manager Abbey Heppe told fans in a recent Q&A posted by Major Nelson.
While the studio isn't focused on catering to the eSports community for the game's launch, it could happen in later iterations of the game, said Heppe. "We have a TON of interest from the e-sports community," she said, "and I know we're not going to be shipping with all the features that they're going to be wanting in the game, but we're in our first iteration.
"A lot of the games that have developed good e-sports features and the competitive community are ones that multiple iterations to get that done and to build in those things. So while that couldn't be a priority for us here, we're definitely listening to all of the feedback. We're interested in what competitive players think when the game ships, and it's definitely something we'll look into, but not something that's been our primary focus."
Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson previously confirmed the game will get additional content following its launch, adding that post-launch support will "evolve" as the player base does. EA COO Peter Moore added his thoughts on the DLC strategy, stating this shooter can coexist with the likes of Battlefield 4.
"We haven't talked at detail about our Titanfall digital strategy but you're familiar already with Battlefield 4 Premium," Moore said to an analyst. "Once we announce Titanfall [DLC plans], you'll have a better understanding of what our digital strategy is, but I think they can both coexist very easily and we think they both will be incremental and accretive to our fiscal year 2015."
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Tales of Xillia 2 review: time sink
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Solving Silent Hills' playable trailer
- Sony's secretive division is hoping to find the next PlayStation or Walkman
- Demos are dead, long live demos
- Ancient Space brings galactic RTS action back to PC
- Legend of Grimrock 2 now in beta, iOS port of first game shown
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?