Respawn Entertainment isn't ruling out eventually bringing Titanfall to competitive gaming tournaments after its launch, community manager Abbey Heppe told fans in a recent Q&A posted by Major Nelson.
While the studio isn't focused on catering to the eSports community for the game's launch, it could happen in later iterations of the game, said Heppe. "We have a TON of interest from the e-sports community," she said, "and I know we're not going to be shipping with all the features that they're going to be wanting in the game, but we're in our first iteration.
"A lot of the games that have developed good e-sports features and the competitive community are ones that multiple iterations to get that done and to build in those things. So while that couldn't be a priority for us here, we're definitely listening to all of the feedback. We're interested in what competitive players think when the game ships, and it's definitely something we'll look into, but not something that's been our primary focus."
Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson previously confirmed the game will get additional content following its launch, adding that post-launch support will "evolve" as the player base does. EA COO Peter Moore added his thoughts on the DLC strategy, stating this shooter can coexist with the likes of Battlefield 4.
"We haven't talked at detail about our Titanfall digital strategy but you're familiar already with Battlefield 4 Premium," Moore said to an analyst. "Once we announce Titanfall [DLC plans], you'll have a better understanding of what our digital strategy is, but I think they can both coexist very easily and we think they both will be incremental and accretive to our fiscal year 2015."
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Yes, you can dress up like Link when Monster Hunter 4 comes stateside next year
- How to unlock Thanatophobia, the almost impossible trophy, in Rogue Legacy
- Scientifically Accurate Sonic is everything you never wanted to know about hedgehog poop
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27