Respawn Entertainment isn't ruling out eventually bringing Titanfall to competitive gaming tournaments after its launch, community manager Abbey Heppe told fans in a recent Q&A posted by Major Nelson.
While the studio isn't focused on catering to the eSports community for the game's launch, it could happen in later iterations of the game, said Heppe. "We have a TON of interest from the e-sports community," she said, "and I know we're not going to be shipping with all the features that they're going to be wanting in the game, but we're in our first iteration.
"A lot of the games that have developed good e-sports features and the competitive community are ones that multiple iterations to get that done and to build in those things. So while that couldn't be a priority for us here, we're definitely listening to all of the feedback. We're interested in what competitive players think when the game ships, and it's definitely something we'll look into, but not something that's been our primary focus."
Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson previously confirmed the game will get additional content following its launch, adding that post-launch support will "evolve" as the player base does. EA COO Peter Moore added his thoughts on the DLC strategy, stating this shooter can coexist with the likes of Battlefield 4.
"We haven't talked at detail about our Titanfall digital strategy but you're familiar already with Battlefield 4 Premium," Moore said to an analyst. "Once we announce Titanfall [DLC plans], you'll have a better understanding of what our digital strategy is, but I think they can both coexist very easily and we think they both will be incremental and accretive to our fiscal year 2015."
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Is Telltale teasing the setting for its new Game of Thrones series?
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mature, 'true remaster' of the original game
- See how World of Warcraft's other side lives
- Saints Row developer: 'Sarkeesian is right'
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine