Square Enix announced today both the Collector's and Standard editions of its relaunched massively multiplayer online game Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn will be available at a 50 percent discount on Steam until Feb. 25.
The discount will halve the price of the game's Standard Edition from $29.99 to $14.99, while the Collector's Edition is halved from its typical $49.99 price tag to $24.99.
This follows the game's worldwide launch on both PlayStation 3 and Windows PC last year. The massively multiplayer online role-playing game will go into its beta phase for PlayStation 4 on Feb. 22, 2014 in North America and Japan, the same date as the Japanese launch of Sony's next-generation console.
Since the relaunch of the troubled massively multiplayer release, Square Enix confirmed sales exceeded its expectations and caused the company to revise its financial outlook for the current fiscal quarter. At the time, the company announced that 1.5 million players had registered within the game since its launch day.
Check out Polygon's review of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Two Ubisoft developers watched a goat sacrifice while researching Far Cry 4
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business