Pier Solar HD, the remake of a 2010 Genesis RPG, is due to be released on multiple platforms this spring. According to a new interview, a 3DS version could also be planned.
Talking to Nintendo Enthusiast, Tulio Goncalves, president of developer Watermelon said that plans to make use of Wii U's second screen could also prove useful in a 3DS version. "On Wii U, we're definitely putting the second screen to good use, a feature that will be exclusive of that platform," he said. "Well, maybe not for long if we end up making it to the 3DS, but that's for later. We planned a few functions for the second screen that will add to the gameplay; I'm sure the Wii U players will enjoy them."
He said that the Wii U version will be released in April. Previous updates from the company have stated that other versions, including Android, Dreamcast, Linux, Mac, Ouya, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC will be released March 25, although some doubt was cast on Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions arriving at that time, due to communication problems with Microsoft. Polygon has contacted Watermelon Games for confirmation on launch dates.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'