Virus-spreading simulator Plague Inc.: Evolved will launch on Steam Early Access tomorrow, Feb. 20, developer Ndemic Creations announced.
In Plague Inc. players work to cultivate and spread a virus across the world. On release tomorrow, the core of the title's single player campaign — which was rebuilt from scratch for the PC version — will be playable. Seven disease types and three cheat modes will be available in the Early Access build.
The PC upgrade will also include "significant enhancements" from Plague Inc.'s original mobile version when it launches in full. This includes cooperative and competitive multiplayer, customizable scenarios and Steam Workshop functionality when the game launches in full.
"I am launching on Early Access because the core Plague Inc. game is done and I want to let players help me shape the major new features that will be added — like Multiplayer and the Scenario Creator," studio founder James Vaughan wrote.
"Between you and me, a lot of the other features are also very nearly ready to go, but I want to make sure they're perfect before sharing them with you and getting your feedback," he added. "If everything goes smoothly, it will be feature-complete and out of Early Access in a few months."
Plague Inc.: Evolved will be available through Early Access for $14.99.
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?