Virus-spreading simulator Plague Inc.: Evolved will launch on Steam Early Access tomorrow, Feb. 20, developer Ndemic Creations announced.
In Plague Inc. players work to cultivate and spread a virus across the world. On release tomorrow, the core of the title's single player campaign — which was rebuilt from scratch for the PC version — will be playable. Seven disease types and three cheat modes will be available in the Early Access build.
The PC upgrade will also include "significant enhancements" from Plague Inc.'s original mobile version when it launches in full. This includes cooperative and competitive multiplayer, customizable scenarios and Steam Workshop functionality when the game launches in full.
"I am launching on Early Access because the core Plague Inc. game is done and I want to let players help me shape the major new features that will be added — like Multiplayer and the Scenario Creator," studio founder James Vaughan wrote.
"Between you and me, a lot of the other features are also very nearly ready to go, but I want to make sure they're perfect before sharing them with you and getting your feedback," he added. "If everything goes smoothly, it will be feature-complete and out of Early Access in a few months."
Plague Inc.: Evolved will be available through Early Access for $14.99.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31