Microsoft plans to release a remote control for the Xbox One on March 4, reports The Verge.
The Xbox One Media Remote, a listing for which briefly appeared on Amazon last week, is reportedly designed to offer access to the console's entertainment apps as well as its television functionality — the infrared remote can be used to control volume on TVs and other AV equipment. Citing anonymous sources, The Verge reports that the channel up and down buttons will work with the Xbox One's TV app when a cable box is hooked up to the console, but only in the U.S., since Microsoft has not yet rolled out the system's TV features in other regions.
There's no word yet on the price. Microsoft sells a media remote for the Xbox 360 for $19.99. According to The Verge, the company will unveil the Xbox One Media Remote tomorrow.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League