Microsoft plans to release a remote control for the Xbox One on March 4, reports The Verge.
The Xbox One Media Remote, a listing for which briefly appeared on Amazon last week, is reportedly designed to offer access to the console's entertainment apps as well as its television functionality — the infrared remote can be used to control volume on TVs and other AV equipment. Citing anonymous sources, The Verge reports that the channel up and down buttons will work with the Xbox One's TV app when a cable box is hooked up to the console, but only in the U.S., since Microsoft has not yet rolled out the system's TV features in other regions.
There's no word yet on the price. Microsoft sells a media remote for the Xbox 360 for $19.99. According to The Verge, the company will unveil the Xbox One Media Remote tomorrow.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Highergrounds Game
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story