Matt Thorson's TowerFall Ascension will launch on the PlayStation 4 on March 11, the developer announced today on the PlayStation Blog.
The original TowerFall was a single-player and multiplayer archery arena game that launched in 2013 exclusively on the Ouya. The PS4 version, titled TowerFall Ascension, plays similarly with intense four-player battles, but also includes 50 new arenas that players can fight in and new power-ups, such as one that gives players drill arrows that burrow through walls.
Ascension also features a new one or two-player co-op Quest mode, where players fight monsters that spawn from portals into the arena instead of fighting each other.
The game is expected to launch on Windows PC sometime this year.
Update: Developer Matt Thorson announced on Twitter today that the Windows PC version of TowerFall Ascension will also launch on March 11 via Steam.
I can finally announce that TowerFall Ascension will release on Steam and PS4 on March 11!— Matt Thorson (@MattThorson) February 19, 2014
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup