Forget bragging about a high score. What if you set out to beat Super Mario Bros. with the lowest score possible?
Well, you'd have to kill nothing, grab nothing, tap the bottom of each flagpole just before time runs out, warp and keep running all the way through level 8-4. That's what YouTube user NotEntirelySure did. And he beat Super Mario Bros. with a paltry 500 points.
"Well, I did it," NotEntirelySure writes in the video's description. "This is THE lowest possible score you can finish the game with (without continuing). And surprisingly, it didn't take very long at all. Sadly, it's not deathless, as I miss my first attempt at the 8-1 wall jump. Getting 500 points without dying would have been nice, but that jump is so brutally precise I'd rather not restart every time I missed it (though I would have to restart anyway if I accidentally picked up a coin)."
Press play above to see NotEntirelySure's nearly nine-minute journey to the bottom of the leaderboards.
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design