Forget bragging about a high score. What if you set out to beat Super Mario Bros. with the lowest score possible?
Well, you'd have to kill nothing, grab nothing, tap the bottom of each flagpole just before time runs out, warp and keep running all the way through level 8-4. That's what YouTube user NotEntirelySure did. And he beat Super Mario Bros. with a paltry 500 points.
"Well, I did it," NotEntirelySure writes in the video's description. "This is THE lowest possible score you can finish the game with (without continuing). And surprisingly, it didn't take very long at all. Sadly, it's not deathless, as I miss my first attempt at the 8-1 wall jump. Getting 500 points without dying would have been nice, but that jump is so brutally precise I'd rather not restart every time I missed it (though I would have to restart anyway if I accidentally picked up a coin)."
Press play above to see NotEntirelySure's nearly nine-minute journey to the bottom of the leaderboards.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)