Forget bragging about a high score. What if you set out to beat Super Mario Bros. with the lowest score possible?
Well, you'd have to kill nothing, grab nothing, tap the bottom of each flagpole just before time runs out, warp and keep running all the way through level 8-4. That's what YouTube user NotEntirelySure did. And he beat Super Mario Bros. with a paltry 500 points.
"Well, I did it," NotEntirelySure writes in the video's description. "This is THE lowest possible score you can finish the game with (without continuing). And surprisingly, it didn't take very long at all. Sadly, it's not deathless, as I miss my first attempt at the 8-1 wall jump. Getting 500 points without dying would have been nice, but that jump is so brutally precise I'd rather not restart every time I missed it (though I would have to restart anyway if I accidentally picked up a coin)."
Press play above to see NotEntirelySure's nearly nine-minute journey to the bottom of the leaderboards.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart