Forget bragging about a high score. What if you set out to beat Super Mario Bros. with the lowest score possible?
Well, you'd have to kill nothing, grab nothing, tap the bottom of each flagpole just before time runs out, warp and keep running all the way through level 8-4. That's what YouTube user NotEntirelySure did. And he beat Super Mario Bros. with a paltry 500 points.
"Well, I did it," NotEntirelySure writes in the video's description. "This is THE lowest possible score you can finish the game with (without continuing). And surprisingly, it didn't take very long at all. Sadly, it's not deathless, as I miss my first attempt at the 8-1 wall jump. Getting 500 points without dying would have been nice, but that jump is so brutally precise I'd rather not restart every time I missed it (though I would have to restart anyway if I accidentally picked up a coin)."
Press play above to see NotEntirelySure's nearly nine-minute journey to the bottom of the leaderboards.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???