A new Tony Hawk game is currently in development, publisher Activision confirmed today.
In a statement issued to Polygon, a representative of the publisher said: "Activision can confirm that they have something in the works with Tony Hawk, more info is coming soon."
According to IGN, the pro skater himself also said on his Demolition Radio show, "We're working on a game ... it's pretty cool."
The Tony Hawk brand of video games first launched in 1999 with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, a skateboarding simulation game where the goal is to perform and combine aerials, flips and grinds to score points. The series has many installments, the most recent of which was 2012 title Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, which was developed by Robomodo.
We have reached out to Tony Hawk's representatives and Robomodo to find out if they are working on the game.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?