A new Tony Hawk game is currently in development, publisher Activision confirmed today.
In a statement issued to Polygon, a representative of the publisher said: "Activision can confirm that they have something in the works with Tony Hawk, more info is coming soon."
According to IGN, the pro skater himself also said on his Demolition Radio show, "We're working on a game ... it's pretty cool."
The Tony Hawk brand of video games first launched in 1999 with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, a skateboarding simulation game where the goal is to perform and combine aerials, flips and grinds to score points. The series has many installments, the most recent of which was 2012 title Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, which was developed by Robomodo.
We have reached out to Tony Hawk's representatives and Robomodo to find out if they are working on the game.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes