A new Tony Hawk game is currently in development, publisher Activision confirmed today.
In a statement issued to Polygon, a representative of the publisher said: "Activision can confirm that they have something in the works with Tony Hawk, more info is coming soon."
According to IGN, the pro skater himself also said on his Demolition Radio show, "We're working on a game ... it's pretty cool."
The Tony Hawk brand of video games first launched in 1999 with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, a skateboarding simulation game where the goal is to perform and combine aerials, flips and grinds to score points. The series has many installments, the most recent of which was 2012 title Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, which was developed by Robomodo.
We have reached out to Tony Hawk's representatives and Robomodo to find out if they are working on the game.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?