A new Tony Hawk game is currently in development, publisher Activision confirmed today.
In a statement issued to Polygon, a representative of the publisher said: "Activision can confirm that they have something in the works with Tony Hawk, more info is coming soon."
According to IGN, the pro skater himself also said on his Demolition Radio show, "We're working on a game ... it's pretty cool."
The Tony Hawk brand of video games first launched in 1999 with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, a skateboarding simulation game where the goal is to perform and combine aerials, flips and grinds to score points. The series has many installments, the most recent of which was 2012 title Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, which was developed by Robomodo.
We have reached out to Tony Hawk's representatives and Robomodo to find out if they are working on the game.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design