Pocketwatch Games' action-stealth game Moncao: What's Yours Is Mine surpassed 520,000 sales across four platforms, founder Andy Schatz announced, revealing that only 36,000 of that figure was from Xbox Live Arcade.
"Sales update: We're well over half a million units of Monaco sold! (~520K), only includes about half the HIB [Humble Indie Bundle] sales since we are BTA," Scahtz tweeted, referring to the game's inclusion the latest Humble Indie Bundle. He later wrote that 36,000 sales were on Xbox 360 with the remaining figure spread across Windows PC, Mac and Linux.
Monaco initially launched on Steam for Windows PC on April 24 with the Xbox Live Arcade version slated for a simultaneous release. The console version was delayed a day before its launch when a bug that disconnected four-player matches was discovered. Schatz delayed the game's release stating that he'd "rather have disappointed fans than upset fans." A second fix was required before it was released on XBLA on May 10.
Schatz wrote on a Reddit post last July saying that the delayed XBLA release "unquestionably hurt" its sales. At the time, he said while he never depended XBLA being the primary revenue generator, he was very disappointed by sales on the platform and that it would have performed twice as well with a simultaneous launch.
The Humble Indie Bundle 11, released earlier this week, offers pay-what-you-want pricing for six indie games on PC, including Facepalm Games' The Swapper and DrinkBox Studios' Guacamelee. Those who pay more than the average purchase price receive copies of Alexander Bruce's Antichamber and Monaco.
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- The Denpa Men 3: The Rise of Digitoll hitting 3DS eShop this summer
- When a successful game is a failure
- Basement Crawl review: cutting room
- Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima will present Rockstar's BAFTA Fellowship award
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- Square Enix collecting feedback for Kingdom Hearts features, special editions
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)