According to an announcement on the Miiverse by game director Masahiro Sakurai, Diddy Kong's flexibility has been increased for the latest iteration. Diddy Kong will join a roster of confirmed well-known characters like Little Mac, Luigi, Princess Peach, Princess Zelda, Princess Rosalina and her companion star-creature Luma, Mega Man, Sonic, the Animal Crossing Villager, the Wii Fit trainer and Marth from Fire Emblem.
Super Smash Bros. will feature a Mario Galaxy stage based on gravitational pulls, which "will require using brand-new tactics," according to Sakurai. The two platform versions will remove "Edge-hogging," where a player hangs from a ledge and blocks an opponent who is trying to not fall off from grabbing it and climbing back on.
Super Smash Bros. will not feature cross-platform play on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS because stages will be unique to each platform, as well as system-specific moves and items. The game will also offer different achievements for each respective platform. Super Smash Bros. is slated to launch this year for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- On Patreon support
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here