It's a good idea to have your car insured, because you never know what might happen to it — what if it appeared in the background of a Street Fighter stage and got destroyed?
That's what happens in this commercial for Anadolu Sigorta, an insurance company in Turkey. Turn on the English closed captions in the video above, posted on the official Street Fighter YouTube channel, to see a car owner scoff at the notion of risk before a 16-bit Ryu comes out of nowhere to teach him a lesson. It's a great nod to the car-smashing minigame that appeared in Street Fighter 2; even the vehicle itself resembles the car from the game.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?