It's a good idea to have your car insured, because you never know what might happen to it — what if it appeared in the background of a Street Fighter stage and got destroyed?
That's what happens in this commercial for Anadolu Sigorta, an insurance company in Turkey. Turn on the English closed captions in the video above, posted on the official Street Fighter YouTube channel, to see a car owner scoff at the notion of risk before a 16-bit Ryu comes out of nowhere to teach him a lesson. It's a great nod to the car-smashing minigame that appeared in Street Fighter 2; even the vehicle itself resembles the car from the game.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?