It's a good idea to have your car insured, because you never know what might happen to it — what if it appeared in the background of a Street Fighter stage and got destroyed?
That's what happens in this commercial for Anadolu Sigorta, an insurance company in Turkey. Turn on the English closed captions in the video above, posted on the official Street Fighter YouTube channel, to see a car owner scoff at the notion of risk before a 16-bit Ryu comes out of nowhere to teach him a lesson. It's a great nod to the car-smashing minigame that appeared in Street Fighter 2; even the vehicle itself resembles the car from the game.
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game