Former Nokia boss Stephen Elop is assuming control of Microsoft's Devices and Studios division, which includes Xbox, Surface and the company's game and entertainment studios, according to a memo from outgoing executive vice president Julie Larson-Green posted by TechCrunch.
Larson-Green took over for Don Mattrick last year after the former president of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business left for Zynga. Larson-Green is transitioning to a new role, leading the "My Life & Work" team in Microsoft's Applications and Services Group and serving as Chief Experience Officer.
"I want to thank each and every one of you for welcoming me and supporting me as the leader of Devices & Studios over the past 7 months," Larson-Green wrote in an internal memo. "I'm very proud of what we have accomplished during such a short timeframe. We launched Xbox One, Surface 2 & Pro 2, blockbuster games like Forza and Ryse, a brand new Xbox Music and Video service, PPI, and some amazing unannounced innovations just to name a few..."
Elop returns to Microsoft as part of the company's $5 billion acquisition of Nokia's services and devices. Prior to his role as Nokia CEO, Elop was president of Microsoft's Business Division, which included the company's Office business.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21